A reliable and user-friendly software utility that comes in handy to those who want to enhance the brightness, contrast or colors of their RAW images Scarab Darkroom provides a variate set of tools that work together in order to assist you in easily enhancing the quality of your RAW images and generate masterpieces that you can be proud of. While it does not sport the same rich feature set of its most important competitors, the extended range of supported digital cameras (various models from Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax, Samsung and Sony, even some of the latest ones) and the ease of use makes it rather popular amongst users.
The straightforward approach that it goes for does not mean that it does not include a wide palette of editing tools. On the contrary, there are various aspects that you can adjust in Scarab Darkroom to make your photo stand out from the crowd. The main interface comprises a tree-view file explorer and a simple thumbnail browser that help you quickly find the picture you want to process. The photo is then displayed within the large preview pane, which occupies most of the GUI, so that no detail is missed.
Features of Scarab Darkroom
- Raw file support for over 100 different camera models
- Lightning fast conversion with excellent detail rendition using a proprietary demosaic algorithm
- Color temperature/tint controls and possibility to pick white balance from a gray area in the picture
- OpenGL based user interface with real-time zooming and image rotation
- Special sharpening algorithm, which avoids amplifying interpolation artifacts
System Requirements For Scarab Darkroom
- Operating System: Windows 7/8/8.1/10
- Memory (RAM): 1 GB of RAM required.
- Hard Disk Space: 300 MB of free space required.
- Processor: Intel Dual Core processor or later.