dotConnect Universal is a universal ADO.NET data provider for most of major database servers. It supports such database servers as: Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, Oracle, DB2, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, InterBase, and Firebird. Other servers can be accessed through their ADO.NET, OLE DB and ODBC providers. dotConnect Universal is based on ADO.NET technology and can be used in the same way as the SQL Server .NET Data Provider. The main feature of dotConnect Universal is an access to multiple database servers at the same code. With dotConnect Universal it is possible to avoid writing conditional code for different providers or using ADO.NET interfaces directly. dotConnect Universal implements full support of design-time development and integration with IDE, which allows to reduce development time greatly.
dotConnect Universal provides functionality for connecting to a database, executing commands, and retrieving results. These results can be processed directly or placed in an ADO.NET DataSet for further processing in disconnected state. While in the Dataset, data can be exposed to the user, combined with other data from multiple sources, or passed remotely between tiers. Any processing performed on the data in the Dataset can then be reconciled with the database. The following diagram illustrates dotConnect Universal architecture. The green area represents some of dotConnect Universal components.
Features of Devart dotConnect Universal Professional
- UniSQL for writing server-independent queries
- Provider-specific types infrastructure
- Fill Dataset with several CURSOR for Oracle Database
- Asynchronous execution support
- Dataset Wizard to leverage design-time setup
System Requirements For Devart dotConnect Universal Professional
- Operating System: Windows 7/8/8.1/10
- Memory (RAM): 1 GB of RAM required.
- Hard Disk Space: 50 MB of free space required.
- Processor: Intel Dual Core processor or later.